Our goal is to foster an education innovation ecosystem in Southern California to further instruct and advance innovators who have ideas, whether programmatic or product. We will achieve this objective through:
- An accelerator for seed-stage companies.
- Investment funds to deploy capital in these companies.
- Business plan competition and Demo Day Showcase.
- Communities of practice for innovation in education.
- Proprietary EdTech learning and entrepreneurship blended courses.
- Workshops and speakers.
- A learning innovation festival.
- Global partnerships (particularly in the Pacific Rim, Africa, and Latin America) to promote USC’s endeavors in innovation.
We intend to help address the gap between the abundance of female and minority urban student educators and the scarcity of women and minority entrepreneurs who receive funding.
“The world we have created is a product of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
— Albert Einstein
This is a unique initiative; we do not know of another like it. This is as an opportunity for the University to create a global learning innovation ecosystem with existing and new partners (in the private, public, philanthropic, and non-profit spheres), as well as incubators/accelerators throughout the world. Given USC’s location and strong reputation in the Pacific Rim, we anticipate a special focus on this region, in addition to Africa and Latin America.
Anthony B. Maddox
Douglas Eugene Lynch
John Brooks Slaughter
Exact dates are still TBD.
- Jul 15 – Application Launch
- Aug 15 – R1 Deadline
- Sep 15 – R2 Deadline
- Oct 15 – Program Start
- Oct 15 – Jan 15: Programming
- Feb 8 – Demo Day Showcase