Our goal is to foster an education innovation ecosystem in Southern California to further instruct and advance innovators who have ideas, whether programmatic or product. We will achieve this objective through:
- An accelerator for early stage companies with a minimum viable product.
- Business plan competition at USC Demo Day.
- Communities of practice for innovation in education.
- Proprietary EdTech learning and entrepreneurship blended courses.
- Workshops and speakers.
- A learning innovation festival.
- Investment funds to deploy capital in these companies.
- Global partnerships (particularly in the Pacific Rim, Africa, and Latin America) to promote USC’s endeavors in innovation.
The EdTech Ecosystem
“The world we have created is a product of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
— Albert Einstein
This is a unique initiative; we do not know of another like it. This is as an opportunity for the University to create a global learning innovation ecosystem with existing and new partners (in the private, public, philanthropic, and non-profit spheres), as well as incubators/accelerators throughout the world. Given USC’s location and strong reputation in the Pacific Rim, we anticipate a special focus on this region, in addition to Africa and Latin America.
Anthony B. Maddox
Douglas Eugene Lynch
John Brooks Slaughter
Application & Schedule
- Sept 5 — Application Launch
- Oct 3 — Submission Deadline
- Nov 5 — Program Start
- Nov 5 — March 11: Programming
- Feb 8 — Business Plan Competition at USC Demo Day