Viterbi’s Venture Incubation Program (VIP) is currently accepting applications for the academic year.
VIP is a new student-run incubation program with extensive support from Viterbi’s Student Innovation Institute and the Startup Garage, and is designed to help students build, launch and grow USC’s best tech startups.
Through workshops, mentorship, guest speakers and networking dinners, VSI2 and industry experts will assist teams by providing the necessary resources and support to help their startups grow. Last year, three teams raised venture funding through our pilot program and some of our guest speakers included Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel, Reddit founder Alexis Ohanian and “Customers Included” author Phil Terry.
Application link: http://bit.ly/uschh
Resources provided for accepted teams include:
• Membership in an amazing learning community of likeminded entrepreneurs and innovators
• Mentorship with the VSi2 team and industry experts
• Access to the Hacker house co-working space
• Weekly office hours with mentors and bi-monthly catchup dinners with all the members
• Help with obtaining initial capital – three teams raised venture funding through our pilot program last year
• Opportunity to grow your team and meet other developers/designers
• Invitation to private events with investors and industry leaders – some of our guest speakers have included Evan Spiegal, Alexis Ohanian and Phil Terry
• Get connected with the Viterbi Startup Garage and/or receive help on other accelerators applications
• Early access to emerging technologies including drones, VR, 3D printers, sensors, etc.
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis with priority given to those who apply before Monday, Nov. 9. We are looking for teams at all stages — from researched idea to prototype to fully-launched companies. The application is open to all undergraduate and graduate students from all USC schools.
Questions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.