Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has developed the inaugural Mayor’s Cup competition, providing local university and college students the opportunity to explore innovative solutions to local civic challenges. This competition hopes to encourage aspiring entrepreneurs an opportunity to provide innovative solutions to civic challenges.
Supported by The Mayor’s Office of Budget and Innovation and the Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the University of Southern California, the competition will focus on the following topics:
- How can we support the enhancement and beautification of City Assets and Public Property?
- What can we do with vacant, blighted, and city-owned properties in your neighborhood?
- How can we build and preserve more affordable housing including incentivizing public and private investors?
- How can the City better connect everyday small business owners to the professional services and growth opportunities they need to thrive?
- How can we grow the entrepreneurial ecosystem in L.A. to increase employment opportunities and provide skills to local workers?
The Grand Prize Winner will receive $25,000 and the opportunity to work with City Hall for eight weeks to develop their idea.
– Learn more and apply at: https://lamc2016.startupcompete.co/