All applicants will receive pre-competition coaching to hone their 60-second pitch & 10 finalists will be selected to pitch at the Celebration of Entrepreneurship Event!
- 1st Place: $20,000 prize from Tech Coast Angels
- 2nd Place: Intellectual property services from Nguyen & Tarbet Patent & Trademark Law and corporate legal services from Pivotal Law Firm
- 3rd Place: One year of free office space and parking from Real Office Centers in Newport Beach
- The 30 semi-finalists will receive a free ticket to attend the Celebration of Entrepreneurship
Hundreds of Orange County Angel Investors, top CEOs, entrepreneurs, and notable members of the startup community will be in attendance.
The event will feature:
- Networking portion with an open bar, tray passed champagne, and heavy appetizers
- Keynote by Steve Streit, CEO of Green Dot, sharing his path from Tech Coast Angels funding to taking Green Dot public and getting a 111X return for investors
- An exhilarating Fast Pitch competition with 10 companies
What is a Fast Pitch?:
Fast Pitch is a twist on the classic elevator speech created by Tech Coast Angels’ founder Luis Villalobos 15 years ago. Since its inception, Fast Pitch has been widely adapted but the message remains true: an entrepreneur needs to captivate a potential investor quickly in 60 seconds. Tech Coast Angels believes that every entrepreneur needs to be equipped with a Fast Pitch to catch investors’ interest. Every applicant will come away from the open-training sessions with a tailored, 60 second Fast Pitch of their own.
Tech Coast Angels’ Celebration of Entrepreneurship
March 10th 2016 from 6 – 9 pm.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Samueli Theater