#35: Natalia Kochan, Co-founder of Curensea
Natalia Kochan is a co-founder of Curensea, an online art community where you can publish your creative work as an artist, curate other’s work, and tip artists and art curators in an ad-free environment.
Natalia is an artist by passion and profession. Writing poems at an early age, later on she became a screenplay writer where she was able to travel and live overseas. While working and studying in China, she met her friend and co-founder, Sofi.
Encouraged by the problems of artists in general, they started Curensea to help their fellow artists showcase their creations.
On this episode of the Just Go Grind Podcast, Natalia shares her journey as an entrepreneur and artist, and the struggles of launching and growing a business without any prior experience.
Some of the Topics Covered in this Episode
- How a poet became an entrepreneur
- Natalia’s experience as a screenplay writer in China
- How Natalia found her co-founder while studying in China
- How wanting to solve a problem became the inspiration to create Curensea
- Getting help from an angel investor to jumpstart the business
- The challenge of looking for a technical co-founder both inside and outside the country
- How referrals were critical for them to find the right developers to build the platform
- What prompted Natalia to go to Ukraine and find a developer
- Pitching investors (And how to impress them)
- Why Natalia sent literally thousands of emails to get the business off the ground
- The difficulty in convincing artists to join Curensea
- Why Natalia and her co-founder decided to rebuild the business and relaunch in 2018
- How journaling and meditation helps Natalia deal with everyday stress
- The importance of having a good business partner (And what to look for)
Listen to all Episodes of the Just Go Grind Podcast
About the Just Go Grind Podcast
Just Go Grind is a podcast started and hosted by Justin Gordon, a USC MBA in the class of 2020, that exists to help you launch and grow your business, supporting you along your entrepreneurial journey with new episodes each week featuring entrepreneurs, CEOs, and other go-getters.
On the show we discuss:
- How the entrepreneur started their company
- What strategies were used to get the initial customers
- How the entrepreneur built their team
- The best marketing and growth strategies for different businesses
- The biggest challenges the entrepreneur had to overcome
- Short term vs. long term thinking in a business
- The first things someone should think about before starting a business
- How the entrepreneur manages their time day-to-day
- The biggest lessons from their entrepreneurial journey
- And much, much more!