#58: Eddie Lin, Co-founder of NexusEdge
Eddie Lin is a Co-founder of NexusEdge (Techstars class of 2017) an AI-driven lifelong career navigation platform helping students discover and build their career paths.
Eddie started NexusEdge out of his lifelong pursuit for job fulfillment. His career path began at Goldman Sachs and UBS Investment Bank in New York, where he met his co-founder, Shanti, in their analyst class.
He is a big proponent of traversing winding career paths to continuously evolve and find the best fit, going from marketing at Adobe to Strategy and Business Development at Live Nation/Ticketmaster. Upon graduation from business school, Eddie competed as a contestant on the reality-TV show Fear Factor where he ate 20 live bees. Eddie holds a degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin and a MBA from the University of Southern California where he served as student body President.
Some of the Topics Covered in this Episode
- Going back to school to get an MBA
- How Eddie came up with the idea for NexusEdge and turned it into an actual company
- Eddie’s experience of being a contestant on the TV show, Fear Factor
- Eating 20 live bees on TV
- How Eddie met his Co-founder
- Solving the problem of how to figure out a career path
- When is the right time to pivot your business
- Getting the NexusEdge platform into the market
- Why Eddie decided to join TechStars (Class of 2017) and what he learned from it
- The speed which NexusEdge has grown after TechStars and when it started scaling
- Figuring out the product/market fit of the business
- Identifying who are their clients and their strategies
- How Eddie handles the responsibilities and roles with his co-founder
- Eddie’s planning strategy for the company
- Challenges that the company faces as it grows
- Importance of a solid team that can withstand these challenges
- Considerations to look at when starting a business
Listen to all Episodes of the Just Go Grind Podcast
About the Just Go Grind Podcast
Just Go Grind is a podcast started and hosted by Justin Gordon, a USC MBA in the class of 2020, that exists to help you launch and grow your business, supporting you along your entrepreneurial journey with new episodes each week featuring entrepreneurs, CEOs, and other go-getters.
On the show we discuss:
- How the entrepreneur started their company
- What strategies were used to get the initial customers
- How the entrepreneur built their team
- The best marketing and growth strategies for different businesses
- The biggest challenges the entrepreneur had to overcome
- Short term vs. long term thinking in a business
- The first things someone should think about before starting a business
- How the entrepreneur manages their time day-to-day
- The biggest lessons from their entrepreneurial journey
- And much, much more!