Join the program that has successfully enabled 4 teams to get $50,000 customer discovery grants from the National Science Foundation! Our short course helps you qualify for these prestigious I-Corps awards.
Registration is now open for our next ZAP! course. Register online by Tuesday, January 19.
January 22, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
January 29, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
ZAP! is based on the successful National Science Foundation Innovation Corps (I-Corps) methods of accelerating the translation of university engineering research to the marketplace. If you complete ZAP!, you will be invited to IN-LA’s Technology Scouting Workshop, and may move forward in the IN-LA process toward eligibility for a $50,000 NSF I-Corps grant.
It’s really easy! Here are the steps:
- Go to lanode.org/zap/ and enter “USC ZAP January 22/29” for the date.
- Before the first class, fill in the attached two-slide template. Don’t worry if you don’t know all the terms – we’ll teach them in our course – just give it a try.
- In the first class, learn about business terminology and more importantly, how to interview customers to understand their needs.
- Interview 5 people in the week following the first session.
- Tell us what you learned in the second session.
That’s it! Join the wave of innovators commercializing their technologies.