Do you have a great idea? Do you want to launch your company? Then you should participate in the New Venture Seed Competition.
New ventures can be from any industry. Entering teams must either have at least one current USC student (graduate or undergraduate), or a current USC faculty member or a USC alum less than 5 years from graduation. Please note, prior NVSC winners are not eligible to compete.
Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top 6 teams: First Place: $15,000, Second Place: $10,000, Third Place: $7,500, Fourth Place: $7,500. Fifth Place: $5,000. Six Place: $5,000.
- Apply to the New Venture Seed Competition by submitting a completed application packet (using the application form), Applications must be completed no later than 11:59 PM PDT Wednesday, February 17, 2016. Teams may make changes to/resubmit the application until the deadline. The form can be found at NVSC2015.istart.org.
- Two information sessions will be scheduled on February 3 from Noon to 1 pm in VPD LL101 and another on February 10 from 6 to 7 in VPD LL101. The information session will include details on the semi-finals and provide additional materials for teams in the competition.
- Mandatory Training. All teams will be required to send at least one member of their team to a mandatory training. This will take place on February 23 at 8 pm. Location will be announced directly to the entrants of the competition.
- Semi-finals. All eligible applicants will compete in a preliminary judging round on March 2 from 6:00 to 9 pm. Finalists will be chosen following this round and will be notified no later than March 4.
- Coaching sessions Finalists will be required to work with the Greif Center to perform customer discovery. These teams will be mentored and be provided resources in order to hone their business idea so that they are prepared for the finals. At least one member from each team must attend these meetings which are tentatively scheduled for March 5, March 10, March 26, April 2, 9 and 16. These dates are subject to change to accommodate schedules.
- The New Venture Seed Competition finals will be held on April 20 at 6 pm.
- New Venture Seed Competition Awards. Winners will be announced at the Marsha Israel Awards Dinner on April 28 hosted by the Greif Center. To be eligible to win, all finalists must have at least one member in attendance.
Professor Albert Napoli: email@example.com
Learn more at: http://nvsc2016.startupcompete.co/